Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi - Bulletins

Is there a way to access NiFi Bulletins using NiFi Rest API ? Is there any documentation available on this ? My goal is to capture NiFi Bulletins using Rest API so I can take some kind of notification action rather than just displaying it in UI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

The bulletins are available through the Rest Api. They are accessed primarily through two different endpoints.

/controller/status

Return controller level status. This will include status and bulletins for cluster/node issues, reporting tasks, and controller services.

/controller/process-groups/{id}/status

Return process group specific status. This will include status and bulletins for all components in the specified process group. This endpoint supports a recursive flag to indicate whether status for all descendent components is included.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Rising Star

The bulletins are available through the Rest Api. They are accessed primarily through two different endpoints.

/controller/status

Return controller level status. This will include status and bulletins for cluster/node issues, reporting tasks, and controller services.

/controller/process-groups/{id}/status

Return process group specific status. This will include status and bulletins for all components in the specified process group. This endpoint supports a recursive flag to indicate whether status for all descendent components is included.

Explorer

Hi @mgilman - I don't see these endpoints in the REST API documentation.

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/rest-api/

Rising Star

I have been trying to capture bulletin messages. Can you please share the flow and configuration for this if you have achieved using REST-API?

Rising Star

Sure, the UI polls from the bulletin-board here [1]. I discussed those endpoints a little bit below.

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-framework-bundle/nifi-framework/nif...

Rising Star

This link shares the code of it, I wanted to know how to configure nifi processors (flow) and where/how to use the endpoints in those processors to capture the bulletin.

New Contributor

can you give the full api with other requirements which are needed

Rising Star

The documentation on the website will be for the most recently released version of Apache NiFi (specifically 1.0.0). When this question was asked Apache NiFi was still on the 0.x baseline.

In 1.x bulletins are available through the bulletin-board endpoint

/nifi-api/flow/bulletin-board

or bundled with each component. For instance,

/nifi-api/flow/process-groups/{id}

for all components under some process group or

/nifi-api/processors/{id}

for a specific processor.

Explorer

Can you please share the link for 0.7? In general, where can we see documentation for previous releases?

Thanks

Rising Star

The website only contains the documentation for the current release. However, you can always access the documentation within the application. You should be able to click the help link in the upper right hand corner. From there, scroll down to the bottom on the left and access the Rest API docs.