Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi Corrupted IBM MQ Messages using ConsumeJMS

New Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to read messages from a IBM MQ. for that I have set up a JMSConnectionFactoryProvider Service, and configured a ConsumeJMS proccesor.
The JMSConnectionFactoryProvider is connecting to the IBM Queue successfully, and even the ConsumeJMS outputs a file from the queue when I run it, but the file's content is corrupted. it is suppose to be readable, but it comes out as gibbirish.

I noticed that the output flow file has 2 interesting header properties:

JMS_IBM_Character_Set: IBM424
JMS_IBM_Encoding: 785

Maybe it has something to do with the corrupted output? I tried to specify IBM424 in the 'Chracter Set' property on ConsumeJMS proccessor, but it had no effect.

Thanks a lot!

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

@Motimot Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our NiFi experts @cotopaul and @steven-matison  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Master Guru

Check with your IBM documentation as this is not standard character sets that non-mainframe platforms deal with.    You need this converted to UTF-8 or other modern formats.

JMS_IBM_Character_Set: IBM424
JMS_IBM_Encoding: 785

Check with IBM support.

If you can convert to Unicode before extracting

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/ibm-mq/7.5?topic=conversion-jms-client-message-encoding

You may need another driver

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/apar/IT18078

Community Manager

@Motimot Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. Thanks.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: