Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

NiFi EncryptContent Processor shows Cipher Exception while decrypting a PGP encrypted file using externally created public keyring.

NiFi EncryptContent Processor shows Cipher Exception while decrypting a PGP encrypted file using externally created public keyring.

New Contributor

I have a NiFi flow to accept PGP encrypted files. The private/public keys are generated using gpg tool and external to NiFi. I'm able to decrypt the test file using gpg command and using the private key externally. But NiFi EncryptContent processor shows an exception "Exception creating Cipher". Attached are screenshots of the flow and processor. Is there a property I can change in EncryptContent to fix the problem?

encryptcontent-flow1.jpgencryptcontent-flow2.jpg
1 REPLY 1

Re: NiFi EncryptContent Processor shows Cipher Exception while decrypting a PGP encrypted file using externally created public keyring.

New Contributor

I'm able to use EncryptContent processor for encrypting PGP files using public Public Keyring File file - "pubring.gpg" and the "Public Key User Id". EncryptContent processor is able to decrypt file if the file encrypted by NIFI. But if I encrypt the file using gpg command "gpg --armor --output sample_test.txt.pgp --encrypt -r winnie sample_test.txt", EncryptContent processor shows an exception "Exception creating Cipher" if I try to decrypt the file. Is this a known NIFI issue?