Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi ListS3 Maximum Object Age

Explorer

I need to List and Fetch specific files on S3 from April 2022 to December 2022. I was hoping to narrow the listing using the Minimum and Maximum Object Age properties as specificed in the processor documentation.

However, I can;t find the Maximum Object Age property?

Anybody knows how to use it?

Any other strategy that might be useful?

Listing all the files in the prefix takes forever as it contains a huge amount of data. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi @acasta,

What NiFi version do you have? Using 1.19.1, within List S3, the Maximum Object Age is present and is in the 8th Property from top to bottom. However, when using 1.15.3, that property is not present at all. So the reason for you not seeing it is most likely your NiFi Version.

1.19.1:

cotopaul_0-1682011107065.png

cotopaul_1-1682011137769.png

From my point of view, you have two options here:

1. You either upgrade your NiFi Instance to a newer version.
  2. If you have something in your Tags that you could use you to filter your data, you could set Write Object Tags to True and afterwards use an RouteOnAttribute Processor to filter out your data.

Otherwise, I strongly advise you to wait for a better feedback as I have almost no experience with AWS 😞

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Explorer

From other topics, I saw you are NiFi experts and took the liberty to tag you into this. I apologize ahead if it is against the rules

@MattWho @SAMSAL @steven-matison @DigitalPlumber @cotopaul . Thank you for your help!

hi @acasta,

What NiFi version do you have? Using 1.19.1, within List S3, the Maximum Object Age is present and is in the 8th Property from top to bottom. However, when using 1.15.3, that property is not present at all. So the reason for you not seeing it is most likely your NiFi Version.

1.19.1:

cotopaul_0-1682011107065.png

cotopaul_1-1682011137769.png

From my point of view, you have two options here:

1. You either upgrade your NiFi Instance to a newer version.
  2. If you have something in your Tags that you could use you to filter your data, you could set Write Object Tags to True and afterwards use an RouteOnAttribute Processor to filter out your data.

Otherwise, I strongly advise you to wait for a better feedback as I have almost no experience with AWS 😞

Explorer

@cotopaul I'm using version 1.18.0, so I guess I'd need to update to a newer version.

Community Manager

@acasta Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. Thanks

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: