Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi Processor Fails to ever Terminate

Explorer

Hello,

We recently upgraded to NiFi 1.7.0 and tried using the "terminate" function on a processor. This function never seems to work for us... we terminate the processor and it stays in the terminating state indefinitely like the screenshot below:

screen-shot-2018-10-11-at-100713-am.png

We can still stop/start/edit the processor when its in this state and the only way to recover it is to restart the server. If we restart the server, all the flow files that were being processed before are sent back to their incoming queue. This actually surprised us because at one point we had a processor in this state for over a week and then when we restart our server a bunch of unexpected results were processed in a way that appeared to be "out of nowhere".

Has anyone else run into issues similar to this or have a fix for this? We would like to use this feature, but it seems like it can never succesfully issue an interrupt.

3 REPLIES 3

New Contributor

I believe I have the same problem, but I'm new to nifi, and I don't have an answer for you.

Did you want to say that you "We can still NOT stop/start/edit the processor when its in this state"?

Because I can't...

I believe that I have the same problem, but I'm very new to nifi, and I don't have answers for you.

In your question, did you want to say instead "We can still NOT stop/start/edit the processor when its in this state" ?

Because I can't

Explorer

Actually the strange thing is that the server seems to think its not in a stuck state and lets us start/stop/modify everything as though it actually terminated. Then upon restarting the nifi server whatever was still "terminating" ends up getting pushed back to the incoming queue and replayed... which surprised us initially because the processor had been ignored/stuck in that state for so long.

Super Mentor

@orekxl @biblio_gr 

The following community article will help you understand what really happens when a user chooses to click on "terminate" on a stopping NiFi processor with active threads"

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Community-Articles/Understanding-NiFi-s-quot-Terminate-quot-option...

If you found this assisted you with your query, please take a moment to login and click "ACCEPT as Solution" below this response.

Thank you,
Matt