Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

NiFi not starting in Sandbox HDF 3.0

Highlighted

Re: NiFi not starting in Sandbox HDF 3.0

Contributor

@Edgar Orendain

Using the HDF 3.0 sandbox Docker image. Nifi service has the green checkmark, so service is up. It is the Nifi UI that will not launch. Thinking that the port mapping might be the issue, I removed the container and image, edited the start_sandbox-hdf.ps1 script to include a port mapping

-p 19090:9090

reloaded the image and ran the startup script. UI still will not load with either port number with either localhost or sandbox-hdf. I am able to launch the Ambari UI so I don't think this problem is related to the hostname.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Edgar - the reason why -p 19090:9090 will not work is that nifi.properties file has 19090 as web port (not 9090). 19090 is not exposed in the docker image (you can run docker inspect sandbox-hdf to check). In my opinion there are 2 solutions to this problem:

1. Build new docker image where nifi.properties has 9090 as port and then run it with -p 19090:9090

2. Create new docker image where 19090 port is exposed and then run it with -p 19090:19090

Highlighted

New Contributor

@Dave - I tried -p 19090:19090 and that worked for me. As you said - I had to make sure that I remove all containers (active or stopped) with sandbox-hdf tag before I started the script again. If you add above port to docker run command (with all other ports) it will open that port and then everything worked for me.

I also tried creating new docker image where I would update nifi.properties file so that it runs on 9090 (instead of 19090) but that did not work for me. I used docker file like:

FROM sandbox-sdf:latest
COPY nifi.properties /usr/hdf/current/nifi/conf/

where nifi.properties was my local copy with 9090 port in it. When the containers starts I can see my change included - but during the NIFI service start - this gets overridden to 19090 from somewhere.

In any case adding this additional port instruction is much easier - it is just a start script change.

Contributor

Good to know. I encounter so many of these port mapping issues with the sandbox tutorials that I find it easier to change the configs in the sandbox. Easier anyway than scrapping and starting over with a new sandbox and losing all of my prior work. Would be nice if one could add docker port mappings to an existing container, but I have not found a reliable method for it.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Below url worked for me.

http://127.0.0.1:9090/nifi/

regards

Papil

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here