Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi - How to use a unix variable ?

Explorer

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to use a Linux variable in Nifi as a value for a property in a Processor for example, so I could point a changing path for input directories, without having to change it in nifi.

Is it possible to do the same thing with a Variable that would contain multiple paths ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Ok I found my answer, this is explained in the expression language guide, even if it don't work on my computer for an unknown reason (I can use a java variable defined in the boostrap.conf file through the expression language, but not an environment variable ...)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @François Robard,

You may find interesting this article:

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/57304/supporting-custom-properties-for-expression-langua....

It supposes that the properties you are thinking about in the processors you use are supporting expression language.

Explorer

Ok I found my answer, this is explained in the expression language guide, even if it don't work on my computer for an unknown reason (I can use a java variable defined in the boostrap.conf file through the expression language, but not an environment variable ...)