Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi LDAPS Configuration

Explorer

Hi,

Im trying to connect LDAP from Nifi.

I've done most of the instructions in the official documentation and read most posts on the Cloudera Community. However, I couldn't connect to my company's LDAP system. 

I configured login-entity-providers and authorizers for LDAP.

When I start Nifi, it starts successfully and gives no error. 

When I try to log in with my initial admin it gives me

"Unable to validate the supplied credentials. Please contact the system administrator." error.

My questions are:

1- When we are setting up initial admin, we are not setting password of that user. How do we log in without password?

2- I'm using USE_DN for identity strategy for ldap-provider. My initial admin name and ldap user are same. So I'm trying to login with my user like: 

Username: CN=K015576,CN=Users,DC=tcmb,DC=gov,DC=tr
Password: "my_ldap_password"

What path should I follow? Is there a mistake in my configure files?

I have added my conf files below: nifi.properties, login-entity-provider and authorizers. Removed sensitive data.

nifi-propertiesnifi-propertieslogin-identity-providerslogin-identity-providersauthorizers-1authorizers-1authorizers-2authorizers-2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

Explorer

Thanks a lot Matt. It worked finally after trying for 2 weeks. I was tired of trying to get this to work. I really appreciate it. 

Explorer

@Yemre 

Hello Bro,

I am trying to set up LDAP and have been loosing hair on getting the right configuration for over a week now. I am trying to configure for LDAPS in NiFi and already have my keystore and trust generated internally so my issue seems quite similar to yours. Can I see the copy of your nifi.properties, login-identity-providers, authorizers.xml (without any sensitive information, of course) that finally worked? I will really appreciate any assistance for you. Thanks!

Master Mentor

@LKB 

I recommend creating a new community question with the details around yoru setup and exceptions you may be seeing.  You are more likely to get better traction on a community question that does not already have and accepted solution.

Thank you,
Matt

Explorer

Hello @LKB ,

Just saw your message. Since I have changed my job, I am not able to access those files anymore. Sorry for that.