Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Nifi Nginx Proxy 502 Bad Gateway Error

Nifi Nginx Proxy 502 Bad Gateway Error

New Contributor

I have followed the instructions found in the article Running Apache Nifi behind a proxy. I am using nginx as my proxy server. I am currently getting 502 Bad Gateway errors when I browse to the proxy nifi url. In the logs for nginx I see this error: (peer closed connection in SSL handshake while SSL handshaking to upstream). I have done some troubleshooting using openssl s_client -connect.

When I run the openssl s_client -connect from the nginx proxy to the nifi server I get the following error 140658986932128:error:140790E5:SSL routines:ssl23_write:ssl handshake failure:s23_lib.c:177:,

followed by a successful connection, however, the TLS session ticket is not displayed. I know this is a bit all over the place, but I have been trying to work through this for several days. Below is my location configuration for nginx. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

location /nifi {

proxy_set_header X-ProxyScheme $scheme; p

proxy_set_header X-ProxyHost <proxy_hostname>;

proxy_set_header X-ProxyPort 443;

proxy_set_header X-ProxyContextPath "";

proxy_set_header X-ProxiedEntitiesChain $ssl_client_s_dn;

proxy_pass https://nifi/nifi; }

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Nifi Nginx Proxy 502 Bad Gateway Error

New Contributor

I got HTTP 502 the first time I tried the proxy and then I fixed the iptables. You could try: iptables -I INPUT -j ACCEPT as a test. This opens up everything.

Re: Nifi Nginx Proxy 502 Bad Gateway Error

Expert Contributor

I got similar problem with Sandbox on Windows host. When I comment out any other 127.0.0.1 names and just left

127.0.0.1 localhost sandbox.hortonworks.com sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com sandbox-hdf.hortonworks.com

line in hosts file, then I was able to see Ambari login.