Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi Process Groups and Processors not authorized after migrating flow.xml.gz

New Contributor

I installed and configured a fresh version of Apache Nifi 1.14.0 and configured security against my LDAP server. Everything looks fine.

Now I copied my flow.xml.gz file from a different directory (also running 1.14) into the new directory. When I login, I can see the outline of all the process groups and processors, but all the names are missing, and I see that all my users are unauthorized to view anything or make any changes.

Even my admin cannot do anything.

What am I missing here?

Missing NiFi names.png

Unauthorized.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

I found the solution to my problem. After migrating flow.xml.gz, I needed to add a policy to my root component.

This could be accomplished by right-clicking in the Nifi canvas and select 'Manage Access Policies'. Then add one or more users to View the component.

Apparently the admin can login and then grant himself access to view the main Nifi component (process group).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor

I found the solution to my problem. After migrating flow.xml.gz, I needed to add a policy to my root component.

This could be accomplished by right-clicking in the Nifi canvas and select 'Manage Access Policies'. Then add one or more users to View the component.

Apparently the admin can login and then grant himself access to view the main Nifi component (process group).

Community Manager

Happy to see you resolved your issue @JasonD. Make sure to accept your reply as the solution so others can find it in the future.  

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.