Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi Registry Backup and deployment

New Contributor

Hello everyone. I am looking to get advice on deploying and maintaining the registry client. I like how I can switch between versions and let NiFi work its magic under the hood to manage that switch.

I understand that the registry client acts as version control for the flows but how do you go about backing up the versioned files? I am using docker with kubernetes to deploy nifi and the registry client. There could be a situation where the registry client nodes fails and looses data. Should I also be storing the versioned flows on github and packaging it in a docker build?

If anyone has a good flow on deploying and maintaining the nifi registry so I can ensure I won't loose the flows

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

Hi @Chris Dan

Please keep in mind that Flow Registry is the beginning of FDLC in NiFi and an important building block on which several services will come.

If you want to export a flow from the registry to backup it somewhere you can either use:

Today, the flow registry has a file storage provider. Flow registry supports plugins and new storage providers such as Git will follow in my opinion.

Thanks

Explorer

Hello,

Anyone have an idea about nifi registry databases, how to backup that database ?

you can locate that database by the "nifi.registry.db.directory" proporities