Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi - Vault integration

Explorer

Hi, I'm trying to connect nifi instance to HashiCorp Vault. As per instructions, I added HashiCorpVaultParameterProvider and StandardHashiCorpVaultClientService to my instance. I configured both of them and managed to fetch secrets from Vault to nifi. Right after I fetched secrets I was asked to create respective nifi context to work with fetched secrets. I created one and used in a couple of my processor groups simply by selecting context in "Process Group Parameter Context" dropdown. Secrets were accessable inside processor groups and worked fine. Then I updated secrets on the Vault side, and according to instructions I should have refetched them again using "HashiCorpVaultParameterProvider" but fetch icon did nothing. So new secrets were not come. In order to achieve this I had to drop created context and all related references in process groups. Only after these actions I managed to fetch new secrets again. So, it looks wierd because every time when I update something on vault side I have to recreate contexts and reselect new context in each user group. Is it expected behaviour? Is there any other proper way to work dynamically with Vault? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Community Manager

@rkul Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our NiFi experts  @steven-matison  @cotopaul @SAMSAL  who may be able to assist you further

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Explorer

Hi, Thanks @DianaTorres 

Any updates on this?

Community Manager

Any insight here @MattWho ? Thanks!

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Explorer

Any updates?

Super Collaborator

What are you using Vault for specifically? Retrieving secrets for some other purpose? Anytime the built in processors don't or can't do what I need or want I've found scripted processors to be ideal.