Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Nifi authorisation to Nifi Registry using LDAP cannot see buckets

Nifi authorisation to Nifi Registry using LDAP cannot see buckets

New Contributor

We have a secure host running Nifi (Docker) using LDAP and a Comodo Positive SSL. I can login to Nifi as the initial admin user, add an LDAP user, grant UI permissions and then log in with that user OK.

We have another host running Nifi Registry (Docker) with another SSL, a different domain but the same LDAP and again, I can add a user to that and successfully login to the UI and view buckets.

The problem comes when I try to import buckets into Nifi from the Registry using the exact same user:

2020-11-16 20:00:05,050 INFO [NiFi Registry Web Server-18] o.a.n.r.w.m.AccessDeniedExceptionMapper identity[anonymous], groups[none] does not have permission to access the requested resource. Unable to view Bucket with ID e2c9b61f-ac58-4c22-8a49-c7e5dbf84933. Returning Unauthorized response.

Nifi can only 'see' buckets that are made 'Public', even though the user has been added to Read/Write/Delete the other buckets.

It looks like the user credentials aren't being passed from Nifi to the Registry, but I'm not sure why or what to try?