Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi counters just an empty list

Contributor

Hello there,

I learned about nifi counters, but when I open my nifi instance and click on the counters button in the main menu, it just opens an empty list. Same when I call nifi-api/counters. It is just an empty list. I do have processors and processgroups running.

So does anyone have an explanation why that is? I use nifi 1.23.2 on my local machine. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Fredi 

I am not completely clear on your question here.

Unless you have a dataflow built and running that has implemented some counter, then nothing is going to show in the NiFi Counters UI.

MattWho_0-1722261479670.png

But once you have components running like UpdateCounter, the counter UI would get populated:

MattWho_1-1722262055683.png

NiFi counters do not persist through a NiFi restart.  After a restart the Counters UI will be blank again until a counter is generated by component that writes to a counter.

Please help our community thrive. If you found any of the suggestions/solutions provided helped you with solving your issue or answering your question, please take a moment to login and click "Accept as Solution" on one or more of them that helped.

Thank you,
Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@Fredi 

I am not completely clear on your question here.

Unless you have a dataflow built and running that has implemented some counter, then nothing is going to show in the NiFi Counters UI.

MattWho_0-1722261479670.png

But once you have components running like UpdateCounter, the counter UI would get populated:

MattWho_1-1722262055683.png

NiFi counters do not persist through a NiFi restart.  After a restart the Counters UI will be blank again until a counter is generated by component that writes to a counter.

Please help our community thrive. If you found any of the suggestions/solutions provided helped you with solving your issue or answering your question, please take a moment to login and click "Accept as Solution" on one or more of them that helped.

Thank you,
Matt

Contributor

Hi Matt, thank you for your quick response. I thought that all processors have a built in counter, so I expected to see some no matter what processors are running.