Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi error - Malformed input or input contains unmappable characters

Expert Contributor

I am getting this error with the FetchFile or GetFile processors

2018-05-16 12:04:15,133 WARN [Timer-Driven Process Thread-7] o.a.n.controller.tasks.ConnectableTask Administratively Yielding ListFile[id=6804e073-0163-1000-56d7-1d884aef90a1] due to uncaught Exception: java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Malformed input or input contains unmappable characters: /mnt/win/ArchivesCD/08103DOC.CFL/P1-Especifica????es.pdf
java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Malformed input or input contains unmappable characters: /mnt/win/ArchivesCD/08103DOC.CFL/P1-Especifica????es.pdf

How can i resolve this? And does the processor abandon the entire process or skip the "malformed" file?

My nifi version is 1.6.0

Thanks

Ahmad

4 REPLIES 4

Contributor
@Ahmad Debbas

Can you please check if NiFi JVM is using UTF-8 encoding, otherwise here are a couple of approaches

1. export JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS=-Dfile.encoding=utf8

2. Add encoding parameters to bootstrap.conf "java.arg.8=-Dfile.encoding=UTF8"

Please restart NiFi after update and test to see if FetchFile/GetFile processors are working

Thanks

Kiran.

Expert Contributor

It's still not working unfortunately

Expert Contributor

@Kiran Nittala

I have thousands of flowfiles in queues in other processors. Will i lose them if i restart nifi?

Thanks

Ahmad

Contributor

@Ahmad Debbas

You shouldn't lose FlowFiles which are in queues as the attributes themselves are stored in FlowFile repository and content in content repository. What you see in the queue is just a reference which will be restored after the restart.

You can find additional information in below link

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/nifi-in-depth.html