Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Nifi gives failure message when trying to update flow version from Registry.

Nifi gives failure message when trying to update flow version from Registry.

New Contributor

Hello -

I'm trying to move changes from my DEV instance to the QA instance (via the Registry), but it's giving me the following error:

"Failed to update flow to new version due to java.lang.IllegalStateException: The input port name or identifier is not available to be added."

I had a similar issue in the past where it wouldn't update to a new version, and due to deadlines I ended up just deleting the QA version and re-importing the flow from the registry. However, that approach means that dozens of variables have to be double checked and/or updated for the new environment.

If this is going to keep happening, I'd rather try and get to the bottom of it, but haven't been able to find other examples of people having issues when updating flow versions using the registry.

Currently running Nifi version 1.6.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Nifi gives failure message when trying to update flow version from Registry.

Explorer

For others encountering the same issue, Russ and I worked together on diagnosing it and found the root cause, which was captured on the ASF Jira as NIFI-5950: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5950

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here