Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi in production

Expert Contributor

Hi Everyone, Good day... I hope someone can educate me on my basic understandings.. After some basic research on Nifi on test servers, I want to try it to production, Now I get this basic question on how do we provide the passwords of databases in processors.. because we provide them in the GUI in general, but is it the same way we do for production servers ?

taking an example of database DBCPConnectionPool, we provide the connection details like username, password etc in GUI as attached in the image, but I want to understand is there a different way to provide these details in production or it's also with GUI ?  I am thinking about change management and security of passwords etc. Please help me understand..Screenshot 2022-09-07 at 12.08.07.png

3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru

@SandyClouds ,

Have a look at Parameters and Parameters Contexts: https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#Parameters

Cheers

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Expert Contributor

Thank you @araujo for helping me out, So the parameters are also created and updated manually in the UI and referred in the processors. If there is a change in password needed in production, we will update it manually in UI ? or do we have any alternative way than doing it through UI..

I mean any kind of deployment support..?

Super Guru

Everything you do in the NiFi UI can also be done using the NiFi REST API. So if you want/need to automate it, it's totally possible and not difficult.

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.