Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi load file from Virtual machine azure

Contributor

Hi @Nifi !

I created a flow in local nifi, now i ve to do the deployment in virtual machine azure.

I use docker compose to do that and it works but the ListFile processor to ingest the file doesn't accept the directory path of virtual machine.

I insert the path that i find from virtual machine terminal (with the command pwd) but doesn't work.

How can i ingest the file that i ve load on virtual machine?

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Thank you for your response.

ListFile will read from local file system directory but in this case if local file system directory is on VM host on which docker container is running then very 1st setup would be to make that local file mount/dir to accessible by docker container as storage mount/dir using bind mount for read/write.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Collaborator

Can we confirm if directory which used for ListFile: Input Directory property is mounted to docker container which is running NiFi application ? ref : https://docs.docker.com/storage/bind-mounts/

Contributor

No.. it's on virtual machine and not included into dockerfile of docker-compose.yml

Master Collaborator

Thank you for your response.

ListFile will read from local file system directory but in this case if local file system directory is on VM host on which docker container is running then very 1st setup would be to make that local file mount/dir to accessible by docker container as storage mount/dir using bind mount for read/write.

Contributor

yes it's quite right! i add a volumes on docker compose that connect directory on VM to docker-compose.

Thank you so much!