Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Nifi not using HDFS

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Nifi not using HDFS

Explorer

I am trying to write a HDF process which takes a feed from the listenSMTP receiver, and puts (PutHDFS) files into a folder in HDFS. For some reason, the PutHDFS is not using HDFS and instead putting in a local folder to the HDF setup. I've confirmed the hdfs-site.xml file is referenced correctly. I've also tried the FetchHDFS and ListHDFS options, and they all seem to do similar activity. Anyone have ideas on this? why would a PutHDFS put locally instead of in HDFS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Nifi not using HDFS

You need to provide core-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml, the core-site.xml should have a default filesystem provided like this:

<property>

<name>fs.defaultFS</name>

<value>hdfs://hostname</value>

</property>

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

You need to provide core-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml, the core-site.xml should have a default filesystem provided like this:

<property>

<name>fs.defaultFS</name>

<value>hdfs://hostname</value>

</property>

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer

the nifi processors for hdfs only have a spot for 1 xml file, and it wants the hdfs-site.xml. where to I reference the core-site.xml?

Highlighted

It takes a comma separated list of files so you can specify:

/etc/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml,/etc/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml

Obviously using the appropriate paths on your file system.

Explorer

Thank you! that was the solution! I fought with that for two weeks with no error message telling me it was missing anything.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here