Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi "orphaned" Controller Service

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I found out my Nifi-app.log filled in with errors:

StandardControllerServiceNode HiveConnectionPool[id=<masked>] Failed to invoke @OnDisabled method due to java.lang.NullPointerException

When the Nifi GUI does not show any Controller Service for HIVE, the ID is also "unknown".

Looking the content of flow.xml, i indeed found a definition for the Controller Service which is not referenced anywhere.

How can I (safely) remove the definition of the controller?

Thanks!

Christophe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor
@Christophe Vico

Where in the UI did you look for the controller service?

Controller services that are used by processors such as HIveConnectionPool are created within process groups and not at the core level found in the hamburger menu.

You can access controller services within process groups by selecting the process group and then clicking on the "gear" icon in the operate panel:

13608-screen-shot-2017-03-14-at-101014-am.png

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor
@Christophe Vico

Where in the UI did you look for the controller service?

Controller services that are used by processors such as HIveConnectionPool are created within process groups and not at the core level found in the hamburger menu.

You can access controller services within process groups by selecting the process group and then clicking on the "gear" icon in the operate panel:

13608-screen-shot-2017-03-14-at-101014-am.png

Thanks,

Matt

Expert Contributor

Hi @Matt Clarke

You nailed it. I was looking at the Service controller @Cluster level, not at Group level.

I found it & removed it.

Thanks!

Christophe