Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi upgrade error: [nifi.sensitive.props.key] not found

Explorer

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade nifi from 1.8 to 1.19.1 as per the documentation, but I get the below error, and I am unable to start the nifi service. please help.

Error:

at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.main(NiFi.java:331)
Caused by: org.apache.nifi.properties.SensitivePropertyProtectionException: Sensitive Properties Key [nifi.sensitive.props.key] not found: See Admin Guide section [Updating the Sensitive Properties Key]
at org.apache.nifi.properties.NiFiPropertiesLoader.getDefaultProperties(NiFiPropertiesLoader.java:233)
at org.apache.nifi.properties.NiFiPropertiesLoader.get(NiFiPropertiesLoader.java:218)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.initializeProperties(NiFi.java:370)
... 3 common frames omitted

13 REPLIES 13

Master Collaborator

By default, there is no such provider name "file-identity-provider" with calsscom.batchiq.nifi.authentication.file.FileIdentityProvider. 

nifi.security.user.login.identity.provider was always ldap or kerberos but from Apache nifi 1.14 , SingleUserLoginIdentityProvider is added as by default login.identity.provider. Running NiFi with standard HTTP is basically an anonymous remote code execution platform. Single User mode is added f puts a lock on the door, which offers basic protection. 

This is applicable to both Apache NiFI and Cloudera CFM NiFi Versions.

Master Collaborator

Found it , So you are using this  https://github.com/frank-dkvan/nifi-file-identity-provider-bundle which is a custom identity provider, and that is the reason it is not working if you upgrade the cluster.

I would advise rework on you requirement related to how you would like to get Authenticated and Authorized in NiFi and I would suggest using the default ones which come from NiFi. 

Thank you 

Explorer

Thank you @ckumar @MattWho for your valuable inputs. through various methods, we were able to get it working. But facing a different problem now.

Do you have any idea on what could be wrong this time?

anoop89_0-1679033070372.png

Super Mentor

@anoop89 
This is an unrelated issue to this original thread. Please start a new question.  Fell free to @ckumar and @MattWho  in your question so we get notified.  This issue is related to authorization of your user.

Thanks,

Matt