Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

No live data nodes in Sandbox

Solved Go to solution

No live data nodes in Sandbox

Rising Star

I installed Sandbox within VMWare running in Windows 10.

I noticed that Ambari dashboard reports 0 live data nodes. And this is probably why I can't write any file in HDFS.

Are data nodes not available in Sandbox upon install? Do I need to manually create them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No live data nodes in Sandbox

Super Guru

@Dmitry Otblesk

Login to Ambari --> Click on HDFS Service --> On the top right corner --> Click on Start to start the down services.

5 REPLIES 5

Super Collaborator

@Dmitry Otblesk , There is 1 datanode already installed in the Sandbox. Can you please try to start the datanode component from Ambari? Let us know about the error if you receive any.

Super Guru

@Dmitry Otblesk

Login to Ambari --> Click on HDFS Service --> On the top right corner --> Click on Start to start the down services.

Rising Star

Yes, this helped, thanks!

Rising Star

However I am still wondering why HDFS does not start on its own, why do I need to start it manually? When I tried to run Sandbox within Virtual Box I did not have to start it, all worked automatically

Super Guru

@Dmitry Otblesk - Please turn off maintenance mode for HDFS to allow it to start with other services after reboot.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here