Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

No rules applied to rangerlookup@EXAMPLE.COM on RANGER ADMIN Service Manager

Explorer

I'm trying to configure the service repository for HDFS, using the user rangerlookup created on AD, but I'm getting an error on xa_portal.log

2016-06-28 17:58:48,676 [timed-executor-pool-0] ERROR apache.ranger.services.hdfs.client.HdfsResourceMgr (HdfsResourceMgr.java:48) - <== HdfsResourceMgr.testConnection Error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal principal name rangerlookup@EXAMPLE.COM: org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosName$NoMatchingRule: No rules applied to rangerlookup@EXAMPLE.COM
2016-06-28 17:58:48,676 [timed-executor-pool-0] ERROR org.apache.ranger.services.hdfs.RangerServiceHdfs (RangerServiceHdfs.java:59) - <== RangerServiceHdfs.validateConfig Error:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal principal name rangerlookup@EXAMPLE.COM: org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosName$NoMatchingRule: No rules applied to rangerlookup@EXAMPLE.COM
2016-06-28 17:58:48,676 [timed-executor-pool-0] ERROR org.apache.ranger.biz.ServiceMgr$TimedCallable (ServiceMgr.java:434) - TimedCallable.call: Error:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal principal name rangerlookup@EXAMPLE.COM: org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosName$NoMatchingRule: No rules applied to rangerlookup@EXAMPLE.COM
2016-06-28 17:58:48,676 [http-bio-6182-exec-8] ERROR org.apache.ranger.biz.ServiceMgr (ServiceMgr.java:120) - ==> ServiceMgr.validateConfig Error:java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal principal name rangerlookup@EXAMPLE.COM: org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosName$NoMatchingRule: No rules applied to rangerlookup@EXAMPLE.COM

My service configuration the following:

Username = rangerlookup@EXAMPLE.COM
Password = *****
Namenode URL = hdfs://<clusterservicename>
Authorization Enabled = Yes
Authentication Type = Kerberos
hadoop.security.auth_to_local = <core-site.xml auth_to_local parameter>
dfs.datanode.kerberos.principal = dn/_HOST@EXAMPLE.COM
dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal = nn/_HOST@EXAMPLE.COM
dfs.secondary.namenode.kerberos.principal = nn/_HOST@EXAMPLE.COM
RPC ProtectioN Type = Authentication
Common Name for Certificate = ranger

Does anyone know this error?

3 REPLIES 3

can you please add a rule RULE:[2:$1@$0](rangerlookup@EXAMPLE.COM)s/.*/rangerlookup/ and restart and retry once

New Contributor

I've fixed the same problem as @Leonardo Dias. Just by lookup the doc(https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.4.2/bk_Security_Guide/content/hdfs_plugin_kerberos.html)

Here are my steps:

1. Add the "rangerhdfslookup" user to the os and "rangerhdfslookup@realm" to my kdc

2. Update properties of ranger hdfs plugins via ambari

3. restart HDFS & Ranger service

Explorer

seems like it was a simple useradd command without a -g or -G option for groups on the operating system yes?