Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Node Manager not configured at the starting , how to add it , I want to add them on the existings servers from the cluster

New Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Didn't understand it 100% but I assume you installed a cluster and forgot to install nodemanagers on some nodes?

You can do that on the Host pages.

In Ambari

- Go to Hosts

- Select the Host you want to install the Nodemanager on

- Press +Add and Select Nodemanager.

Unfortunately you have to do this for every node one by one. If you want an automated way you would need to use the Rest API.

( this assumes you installed yarn and just didn't select some nodes for nodemanagers, if you didn't install yarn at all you can use the Add Service feature in the lower left of the main screen )

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

Didn't understand it 100% but I assume you installed a cluster and forgot to install nodemanagers on some nodes?

You can do that on the Host pages.

In Ambari

- Go to Hosts

- Select the Host you want to install the Nodemanager on

- Press +Add and Select Nodemanager.

Unfortunately you have to do this for every node one by one. If you want an automated way you would need to use the Rest API.

( this assumes you installed yarn and just didn't select some nodes for nodemanagers, if you didn't install yarn at all you can use the Add Service feature in the lower left of the main screen )

Guru

From ambari UI, you can add service on any node. Go to Hosts, select a host and actions.

New Contributor

Thanks a ton . Done 🙂