Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Not able to connect to EC@ from VNC player

Expert Contributor

Hi,

I was trying to setup an EC2 instance to practice Hortonworks practical exam. I followed the steps mentioned in the guide. I am at step 13, where it mentioned that, I should download VNC client to connect to EC2 instance. I used public dns followed by :5901 and I am getting timeout error. Looks like it's not able to reach EC2 instance.

Please let me know if any one faced the same issue.

Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Looks like there was a firewall that was blocking. I used my home wifi and I am able to get in successfully. Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

Master Mentor
@Satish S

You have to add end points. I have tagged Rich

Expert Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal - Sorry, I didn't get you. You mean the inbound and outbound ports on EC2? I have inbound as 5901 (for VNC server and 22 for SSH) and all for outbound.

Master Mentor

@Satish S Time out occurs when you request cannot finish because not reachable to the destination.

Please follow this guide

Guru

Hi @Satish S

Something must have failed during the creation of your EC2 instance. The only thing you can do at this point is to terminate the instance and launch a new one. Make sure when you create the instance that you define the proper security group and open the right ports.

If your new instance has the same issue, please let me know.

Thanks,

Rich

Expert Contributor

Looks like there was a firewall that was blocking. I used my home wifi and I am able to get in successfully. Thanks.