Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Not able to connect zookeeper from phoenix

Solved Go to solution

Not able to connect zookeeper from phoenix

I have a local windows machine where I have installed oracle Virtual box. On the Virtual Box, I have installed hortonworks sandbox. The sandbox is running fine. Now I want to query, insert etc on HBase(present in VirtualBox) using phoenix(on local machine). The issue is that I am not able to connect to the HBase(via zookeeper). I do not have the option of creating bridge in my environment. I am using NAT in the networks option of virtual box. I am constantly getting timeout while connecting the alias. The phoenix set up is correct as I am able to connect phoenix with hbase on another linux box.

I feel I am not entering the correct IP for connecting the alias with hbase.

While adding alias I have tried the below entries as URL-:

jdbc:phoenix:sandbox.hortonworks.com:2181:/hbase-unsecure

jdbc:phoenix:172.x.x.1:2181:/hbase-unsecure

jdbc:phoenix:127.0.0.1:2181:/hbase-unsecure

jdbc:phoenix:10.x.x.2:/hbase-unsecure

Also, I will mention the versions currently I am using-:

HDFS 2.7.3

HBase 1.1.2

Zookeeper 3.4.6

Squirrel 3.8.0

phoenix-4.12.0-HBase-1.2-client

Any help or correct link will really help. Please let me know if the question is not clear or require any more information.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Not able to connect zookeeper from phoenix

Try updating your local /etc/hosts with the sandbox hostname and IP. @Aditya Srivastava

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Not able to connect zookeeper from phoenix

Try updating your local /etc/hosts with the sandbox hostname and IP. @Aditya Srivastava

View solution in original post

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here