Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Not able to query Hive table based out of HBASE Exported Sequence file formats

My Usecase:

Using HBASE Export Utility I have dumped datasets into HDFS. The file format is sequence file format.

I then create an external hive table on top of this data "stored as sequencefile". Now, when I am going to do a "select * from this table" , i get an error

• Bad status for request TFetchResultsReq(fetchType=0, operationHandle=TOperationHandle(hasResultSet=True, modifiedRowCount=None, operationType=0, operationId=THandleIdentifier(secret='0\x9c/\x1dfi@X\x91\xa1i>a\x1c\xb2\xc2', guid='s3\x04\x8a\x86#G\xa5\xa6\x0b`\xdb\xb6\xa97\x86')), orientation=4, maxRows=100): TFetchResultsResp(status=TStatus(errorCode=0, errorMessage="java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Could not find a deserializer for the Value class: 'org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Result'. Please ensure that the configuration 'io.serializations' is properly configured, if you're using custom serialization.", sqlState=None, infoMessages=["*org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException:java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Could not find a deserializer for the Value class: 'org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Result'. Please ensure that the configuration 'io.serializations' is properly configured, if you're using custom serialization.:14:13", 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation:getNextRowSet:SQLOperation.java:366', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.OperationManager:getOperationNextRowSet:OperationManager.java:277', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionImpl:fetchResults:HiveSessionImpl.java:753', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.CLIService:fetchResults:CLIService.java:438', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService:FetchResults:ThriftCLIService.java:686', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$FetchResults:getResult:TCLIService.java:1553', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$FetchResults:getResult:TCLIService.java:1538', 'org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction:process:ProcessFunction.java:39', 'org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor:process:TBaseProcessor.java:39', 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Server$TUGIAssumingProcessor:process:HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:746', 'org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess:run:TThreadPoolServer.java:286', 'java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor:runWorker:ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142', 'java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker:run:ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617', 'java.lang.Thread:run:Thread.java:745', "*java.io.IOException:java.io.IOException: Could not find a deserializer for the Value class: 'org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Result'. Please ensure that the configuration 'io.serializations' is properly configured, if you're using custom serialization.:18:4", 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FetchOperator:getNextRow:FetchOperator.java:508', 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FetchOperator:pushRow:FetchOperator.java:415', 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FetchTask:fetch:FetchTask.java:138', 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver:getResults:Driver.java:1798', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation:getNextRowSet:SQLOperation.java:361', "*java.io.IOException:Could not find a deserializer for the Value class: 'org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Result'. Please ensure that the configuration 'io.serializations' is properly configured, if you're using custom serialization.:26:8", 'org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader:init:SequenceFile.java:2040', 'org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader:initialize:SequenceFile.java:1878', 'org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader:<init>:SequenceFile.java:1827', 'org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader:<init>:SequenceFile.java:1841', 'org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SequenceFileRecordReader:<init>:SequenceFileRecordReader.java:49', 'org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SequenceFileInputFormat:getRecordReader:SequenceFileInputFormat.java:64', 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FetchOperator$FetchInputFormatSplit:getRecordReader:FetchOperator.java:674', 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FetchOperator:getRecordReader:FetchOperator.java:324', 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FetchOperator:getNextRow:FetchOperator.java:446'], statusCode=3), results=None, hasMoreRows=None)
5 REPLIES 5

Guru
@Shouvanik Haldar

What value do you have set for io.serializations in core-site ?

Try setting the value for io.zerializations to org.apache.hadoop.io.serializer.WritableSerialization,org.apache.hadoop.io.serializer.avro.AvroSpecificSerialization,org.apache.hadoop.io.serializer.avro.AvroReflectSerialization,org.apache.hadoop.io.serializer.JavaSerialization

Hi,

I have to check with Hadoop Admin and add these values.

Do I have to set the below values as comma separated for the parameter "io.serialization".

Did do face the above situation also?

@Shyam Sunder Rai Thanks for your reply.

Did you face a similar situation like what I have asked in this forum? Client wants data to be extracted out of HBASE via HBASE Export.

How to then query this data? Is there any other approach?

Actually this parameter does not exist in core-site.xml. I will get this added , and see if it works. Will let you know.

Hi, after adding these properties, I face the issue yet again.

We added the properties to io.serializations, and also calling it in the command which is below

hadoop fs -Dio.serializations="org.apache.hadoop.io.serializer.WritableSerialization,org.apache.hadoop.io.serializer.avro.AvroSpecificSerialization,org.apache.hadoop.io.serializer.avro.AvroReflectSerialization,org.apache.hadoop.io.serializer.JavaSerialization" -text /tmp/hbase_export/part-m-00000