Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Not able to view Namenode UI logs from Ambari

Rising Star

I am trying to view Namenode Logs in Ambari - I am login as admin but its giving dr.who (which I guess is permission issues)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If accessing the NameNode web UI indicates that you are "dr.who", then this likely indicates that the cluster is not performing authentication on HTTP endpoints. The logs URL requires administrator access, so it is inaccessible unless authenticated as an administrator.

Enabling HTTP authentication is a separate step from enabling Kerberos security, so it's possible that the cluster has done one but not the other. For full details on how to enable HTTP authentication, please refer to the Apache Hadoop documentation for HTTP Authentication.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

@sanjeevan mahajan

please add the following string to the end of your URL

?user.name=root

or

?user.name=admin

please see this

Rising Star

@Artem Ervits The cluster is kerberized. I tried that but it didn't worked

Master Mentor

Rising Star

Also have used this

hadoop.http.staticuser.user=hdfs. Still not working

If accessing the NameNode web UI indicates that you are "dr.who", then this likely indicates that the cluster is not performing authentication on HTTP endpoints. The logs URL requires administrator access, so it is inaccessible unless authenticated as an administrator.

Enabling HTTP authentication is a separate step from enabling Kerberos security, so it's possible that the cluster has done one but not the other. For full details on how to enable HTTP authentication, please refer to the Apache Hadoop documentation for HTTP Authentication.