Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Notebook ID in zeppelin

I am new to zeppelin, as per my understanding when a note is created, in the local 'Notebooks' directory a new folder is created with 'note.json' file. Aside Zeppelin UI, If I want to find my note in 'Notebooks' directory is there any easy way to do that? since the name of the folders seems to be random characters.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Cloudera Employee

@Rekha Goverthanam

The name of the folder in the notebooks repo is the same as the identifier of the notebook from the Zeppelin URL.

Example: The notebook https://myzeppelin:9996/#/notebook/2E6SDWZNN is stored in ../notebooks/2E6SDWZNN/note.json

Best regards,

Damien.

@Damien Saillard Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I see the notebook id in the URL, but my concern is for eg: If I store my notebooks in Git repository, and If I want to pull any particular notebook from remote repository how can I identify the note without seeing the URL? I am thinking something which sets both notebook id and notebook name the same name?

Thanks in advance!

Cloudera Employee

@Rekha Goverthanam

If you're using git to store your notebooks, I do not see a reason why you would want to only pull a specific notebook. I suggest simply working with the entire notebooks repository (so pulling the entire repository, then try to find the notebook by looping into the different folders and reading note.json to find the "name" attribute)

The issue with this is that the attribute "name" is not unique, unlike the "id".

@Damien Saillard Thanks I get it!

Cloudera Employee

@Rekha Goverthanam

No problem, feel free to accept the answer to mark this topic as solved