Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

OAuth2TokenProviderImpl In Nifi

Contributor

Can somebody show me how to implement controller (OAuth2TokenProviderImpl) in Nifi Flow or provide any example with template.

5 REPLIES 5

Super Mentor

@midee 

I am not sure you have provide enough detail on what it is you are trying to accomplish. 

Are you trying to setup your NiFi securely and use oath 2 based provider to authenticate your users in to NiFi? If so, you may find this helpful:
https://bryanbende.com/development/2017/10/03/apache-nifi-openid-connect

If you are trying to interface with an oath2 compliant endpoint via a NiFi dataflow, this may be helpful:
https://pierrevillard.com/2017/01/31/nifi-and-oauth-2-0-to-request-wordpress-api/comment-page-1/

If this helped you with your query, please take a moment to login and click accept on this solution.
Thank you,
Matt

Contributor

Hi @MattWho ,

Thanks for reply.

However, I am looking how to implement controller (OAuth2TokenProviderImpl) in nifi. Like how to use this controller with processer and let me know which processer will link with this controller.

Thanks

New Contributor

Hi @midee,

I have the same issue. have you already solved this?

Thanks

Super Mentor

@midee @guima 

The OAuth2TokenProviderImpl controller service was added to NiFi around the 1.13 release timeframe.
At the time of its creation, there were no processors within NiFi yet that use it natively.

It's only usable in scripted processors that customers would use. However the Apache NiFi community is  working on ways to leverage this controller service in processors such as InvokeHTTP in the future.

You are encourage to participate and contribute to the Apache NiFi product.

Hope this helps,

Matt

New Contributor

We have started using 1.13 version. Any example or documentation using the OAuth2TokenProviderImpl controller service is much appreciated.