Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie Spark2 Action throws "Attempt to add (${workflowAppUri}/lib/${dependencyJar}) multiple times to the distributed cache."

Highlighted

Oozie Spark2 Action throws "Attempt to add (${workflowAppUri}/lib/${dependencyJar}) multiple times to the distributed cache."

New Contributor

Have created a spark action which uses a dependency jar. So I have used below config in workflow.xml to pass the dependency jar

<spark-opts>--jars ${workflowAppUri}/lib/${dependencyJar}</spark-opts>

But got below error

2019-06-12 07:00:35,140  WARN SparkActionExecutor:523 - SERVER[manager-0] USER[root] GROUP[-] TOKEN[] APP[spark-wf] JOB[0000068-190611183932696-oozie-root-W] ACTION[0000068-190611183932696-oozie-root-W@spark-node] Launcher ERROR, reason: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SparkMain], main() threw exception, Attempt to add (hdfs://${nameNode}/${workflowAppUri}/lib/${dependencyJar}) multiple times to the distributed cache.

Have seen similar issues like duplicate jars between oozie and spark2 sharelib directory. Have tried the solution people are suggesting. But nothing resolves this

1 REPLY 1

Re: Oozie Spark2 Action throws "Attempt to add (${workflowAppUri}/lib/${dependencyJar}) multiple times to the distributed cache."

New Contributor

If we add jars in the lib directory of the application root directory, oozie automatically distributing the jars to it's distributed cache. In my case, I have tried to add the jar which is already in the lib directory. So, I just need to remove the below line from my workflow definition.

<spark-opts>--jars ${workflowAppUri}/lib/${dependencyJar}</spark-opts>

And also I have tested that if you want to attach the jars that are not available in your lib directory, you can mention like below in your workflow definition.

<spark-opts>--jars ${nameNode}/tmp/{someJar}</spark-opts>