Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie error : JA009: Cannot initialize Cluster.check configuration for mapreduce.framework.name

Oozie error : JA009: Cannot initialize Cluster.check configuration for mapreduce.framework.name

New Contributor

Hi, I have been using oozie to schedule spark jobs. Trying to deploy a spark job in 2.x cluster using spark action available in Oozie.

In my job.properties, I have the following

<code> nameNode=hdfs://hostname:8020
 jobTracker=hostname:8050
 master=yarn-cluster
 queueName=default
 oozie.use.system.libpath=true

Whenever i submit the oozie job, i have been receiving this error

Error:

ErrorCode [JA009], Message [JA009: Cannot initialize Cluster. Please check your configuration for mapreduce.framework.name and the correspond server addresses.] org.apache.oozie.action.ActionExecutorException: JA009: Cannot initialize Cluster. Please check your configuration for mapreduce.framework.name and the correspond server addresses. at org.apache.oozie.action.ActionExecutor.convertExceptionHelper(ActionExecutor.java:457)

Do i need to change anything in oozie configuration file regarding the mapreduce frame work? Currently it has been set to "yarn"

=> oozie/conf/hadoop-config.xml

<name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>

<value>yarn</value>

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Oozie error : JA009: Cannot initialize Cluster.check configuration for mapreduce.framework.name

Explorer
Highlighted

Re: Oozie error : JA009: Cannot initialize Cluster.check configuration for mapreduce.framework.name

Explorer

You should not need to change the value. "yarn" should be fine.

Highlighted

Rising Star

Is it failing for this particular Spark job or all the Oozie jobs? As Mark pointed out, setting 'mapreduce.framework.name=yarn' should be fine. Also in case you have enabled Yarn RM HA, you should use jobTracker port 8032 instead of 8050.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Yes..It is failing for all the oozie jobs. I have changed the job tracker port to 8032 and tried again. But still i have been facing the same issue !

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here