Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oozie workflow example failing despite running oozie-setup.sh sharelib with EJ001

New Contributor

I'm using Open Source Apache Oozie and I was wondering if perhaps somebody could provide insights into what I'm missing to run the Apache Oozie examples.
I posted all the problem details in 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68672000/oozie-workflow-example-failing-despite-running-oozie-se...

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

I looked at the source code and looks like this is where the Exception is thrown:

core/src/main/java/org/apache/oozie/action/hadoop/JavaActionExecutor.java

protected void addSystemShareLibForAction(Configuration conf) throws ActionExecutorException {

ShareLibService shareLibService = Services.get().get(ShareLibService.class);

// ShareLibService is null for test cases

if (shareLibService != null) {

try {

List<Path> listOfPaths = shareLibService.getSystemLibJars(JavaActionExecutor.OOZIE_COMMON_LIBDIR);

if (listOfPaths.isEmpty()) {

throw new ActionExecutorException(ActionExecutorException.ErrorType.FAILED, "EJ001",

"Could not locate Oozie sharelib");

}

addLibPathsToClassPath(conf, listOfPaths);

addLibPathsToClassPath(conf, shareLibService.getSystemLibJars(getType()));

}

catch (IOException ex) {

throw new ActionExecutorException(ActionExecutorException.ErrorType.FAILED,

"Failed to add action specific sharelib", ex.getMessage());

}

}

}