Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

OpenTSDB - error in loading data

OpenTSDB - error in loading data

Expert Contributor

Hi - i'm trying to load data into OpenTSDB (v2.2.1), following the link -> https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/4577/use-opentsdb-to-storevisualize-stock-data-on-...

On loading data into OpenTSDB, i get error. Any ideas on this ?

Command ->

/root/opentsdb/build/tsdb import /root/opentsdb/data/opentsd.input --zkbasedir=/hbase-unsecure --zkquorum=localhost:2181 --auto-metric

Error ->

SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings. SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.4.0.0-169/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.10.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class] SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/root/opentsdb/third_party/logback/logback-classic-1.0.13.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class] SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation. SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory] log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (net.opentsdb.utils.Config). log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly. log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.netty.util.HashedWheelTimer.<init>(Ljava/util/concurrent/ThreadFactory;Lorg/jboss/netty/util/ThreadNameDeterminer;JLjava/util/concurrent/TimeUnit;I)V at org.hbase.async.HBaseClient.newTimer(HBaseClient.java:627) at org.hbase.async.HBaseClient.defaultChannelFactory(HBaseClient.java:656) at org.hbase.async.HBaseClient.<init>(HBaseClient.java:557) at net.opentsdb.core.TSDB.<init>(TSDB.java:150) at net.opentsdb.core.TSDB.<init>(TSDB.java:220) at net.opentsdb.tools.TextImporter.main(TextImporter.java:68)

7 REPLIES 7

Re: OpenTSDB - error in loading data

Expert Contributor

@Ali Bajwa - appreciate if you could provide input on this, i'm following the steps in link ->

https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/4577/use-opentsdb-to-storevisualize-stock-data-on-...

Expert Contributor

@Ali Bajwa - have there been some changes to the OpenTSDB hortonworks git or installation in the last few days ..

Couple of changes i noticed -

The service is being installed as OPENTSDBDEMO (instead of OPENTSDB), also when i run the following command,

sudo git clone https://github.com/hortonworks-gallery/ambari-opentsdb-service.git /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/OPENTSDB

the folder being created is -> ambari-opentsdb-service, earlier folder created was -> opentsdb.

Are these creating issues wrt OpenTSDB installation & loading ?

Can you pls. verify.

Expert Contributor

i installed v2.0.1 - and don't see this issue.

Seems this issue is happening on v2.2.1

@Ali Bajwa , @Hammad Ali - looping you in.

Highlighted

@Karan Alang yes I did rename the service to IOTDEMO but shouldn't have any impact. Just make sure you have a single OPENTSDB* dir under /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/

I had installed OpenTSDB 2.2.1 on HDP 2.5.3 cluster using Ambari 2.4.1.0 on RHEL 7 and had been able to run through the stocks tutorial which seeing that issue.

The issue you are encountering seems to be similar to this one which is caused by netty issue. Can you check?

Expert Contributor

@Ali Bajwa - thanks, but the link does not give any updates on the fix.

further investigation -> The netty version in both installs is identical. Pls see below :

ON v 2.2.1

[root@sandbox netty]# pwd /root/opentsdb-2.2.1/third_party/netty [root@sandbox netty]# ls -lrt total 1288 -rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 33 2016-05-02 19:02 netty-3.9.4.Final.jar.md5 -rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 1908 2016-05-02 19:02 include.mk -rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 1310154 2016-10-08 18:55 netty-3.9.4.Final.jar

ON v2.0.1

[root@sandbox netty]# pwd /root/opentsdb-2.0.1/third_party/netty [root@sandbox netty]# ls -lrt total 1288 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 33 2014-10-14 06:02 netty-3.9.4.Final.jar.md5 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1908 2014-10-14 06:02 include.mk -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1310154 2014-11-09 23:32 netty-3.9.4.Final.jar

Expert Contributor

@jss - looping you in, in case you have any inputs.

Expert Contributor

@Ali Bajwa -

here is the update on this .. i started up another cluster & re-installed OpenTSDB v2.2.1 - and it went through fine.

Also, i loaded the data into OpenTSDB and that too seems to have gone through fine. (no errors shown, and also the count in hbase table - 'tsdb' = 3000)

However, one issue - the OpenTSDB Web UI (http://127.0.0.1:9999) is not started.. what needs to be done to start this ?

---------------------------OPENTSDB is up & running -------------------------------------------------

[root@sandbox opentsdb-2.2.1]# ps -ef | grep opentsdb root 17858 7524 1 Dec19 pts/0 00:02:52 java -enableassertions -enablesystemassertions -classpath /root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/hbase/asynchbase-1.7.2.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/guava/guava-18.0.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/slf4j/log4j-over-slf4j-1.7.7.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/logback/logback-classic-1.0.13.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/logback/logback-core-1.0.13.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/jackson/jackson-annotations-2.4.3.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/jackson/jackson-core-2.4.3.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/jackson/jackson-databind-2.4.3.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/netty/netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/protobuf/protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/slf4j/slf4j-api-1.7.7.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/suasync/async-1.4.0.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/zookeeper/zookeeper-3.4.5.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../third_party/apache/commons-math3-3.4.1.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/tsdb-2.2.1.jar:/root/opentsdb-2.2.1/build/../src net.opentsdb.tools.TSDMain --zkbasedir=/hbase-unsecure --port=9999 --zkquorum=sandbox.hortonworks.com:2181 --cachedir=/tmp/tsd --staticroot=build/staticroot --auto-metric

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pls let me know your inputs.

thanks !