Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

PGP Encryption in Apache Nifi using EncryptContent Processor is throwing error - Public Key ring file is Invalid..PGPException: Could not find a public key with given userId

New Contributor

capture.png

Hi There,

I am trying to Enrypt a file using PGP Encryption but getting error messages:

I am using these commands to generate public key:

gpg --gen-key

gpg --export "fintech" > fintech_public.key

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? I tried to look for many posts to resolve this but couldn't get any direction.

I also tried generating a key ring file pubring.kbx and using it but got error of Invalid object in data stream. I also used ascii armor format file but that also didn't work. Any input in appreciated. Anyone who has successfully done PGP Encryption using Nifi please help..

Thanks so much!

3 REPLIES 3

New Contributor

Hi There,

I'm facing a similar problem, my error message is the following :

"org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPException: Could not find a public key with the given userId".

Did you manage to solve it ?

Thanks.

New Contributor

Hi There,

You should specify the value of "Public Key User Id" the same as your public key user Id shown by "gpg --list-public-keys". e.g. Test Admin (Tecmint.com) <tadmin@tecmint.com>

List GPG Public KeysList GPG Public Keys

Community Manager

@nathluu Welcome to the Cloudera Community! As this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: