Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

PGP Encryption in Apache Nifi using EncryptContent Processor is throwing error - Public Key ring file is Invalid..PGPException: Could not find a public key with given userId

New Contributor

capture.png

Hi There,

I am trying to Enrypt a file using PGP Encryption but getting error messages:

I am using these commands to generate public key:

gpg --gen-key

gpg --export "fintech" > fintech_public.key

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? I tried to look for many posts to resolve this but couldn't get any direction.

I also tried generating a key ring file pubring.kbx and using it but got error of Invalid object in data stream. I also used ascii armor format file but that also didn't work. Any input in appreciated. Anyone who has successfully done PGP Encryption using Nifi please help..

Thanks so much!

3 REPLIES 3

New Contributor

Hi There,

I'm facing a similar problem, my error message is the following :

"org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPException: Could not find a public key with the given userId".

Did you manage to solve it ?

Thanks.

New Contributor

Hi There,

You should specify the value of "Public Key User Id" the same as your public key user Id shown by "gpg --list-public-keys". e.g. Test Admin (Tecmint.com) <tadmin@tecmint.com>

List GPG Public KeysList GPG Public Keys

Community Manager

@nathluu Welcome to the Cloudera Community! As this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: