Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Parcel customization

Hi to all,

I'd like to customize the original Solr distributed with the CDH (5.6.0 in my case). However there are a couple of points I can't fully understand:

1) Where can I find or reconstruct the Solr Service Descriptor (sdl) of the installed Solr in order to customize it?

2) Using Cloudera Manager I have the feeling that it tries to guess the best deployment configuration...Am I right? Is it configurable also for custom distribution services?

3) Is there a simple way/tool to generate the filelist.json file of a parcel?

3) Is there a simpler way to customize the distributed Solr (actually I have just to add a library to the webapp) wrt create a new Solr parcel that replace the one distributed with the CDH?

Best,

Flavio 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Parcel customization

Any help here..?

Nobody of Cloudera is interested in answering to these simple questions..? :(

Community Manager

I'm not sure I would call questions around parcel customization simple but I can understand your frustration over the lack of response. To clarify things a bit; the community is mainly peer to peer with Clouderans helping out at times. However, while you are waiting, here are a couple of links that may be of interest in your project.

The Cloudera Wiki may have some answers- https://github.com/cloudera/cm_ext/wiki

Especially the Parcels Format section - https://github.com/cloudera/cm_ext/wiki/The%20parcel%20format

Best of luck with your project.

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

Hi Jervis,

thanks for at least answering me. I've already read those links and they don't specify how to solve my problems, unfortunately... :(

I'll keep waiting for some good guy out there..

Best,

Flavio