Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Phoenix JDBC connection is failing from AWS EC2

Super Collaborator

Hi experts,

I have installed a 5 node Hadoop cluster on AWS EC2. I have the data in Phoenix and now I want to connect it from my local eclipse. Here is the connection string that I am passing:

"jdbc:phoenix:XX.XX.XX.XX:2181:/hbase"

Error logs are:

WARN : org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn - Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method) at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717) at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361) at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081) ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper - ZooKeeper getChildren failed after 4 attempts WARN : org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MetaTableLocator - Got ZK exception org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase WARN : org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn - Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)

INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [com.google.common.cache.RemovalCause]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [com.google.common.cache.RemovalCause]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access. at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1353)

Using private IP as of now. Should I connect using public IP? Please let me know if any other information is required.

1 REPLY 1

If you are using private IP addresses, you will have to VPN into the environment. You can create a VPN solution in AWS using OpenVPN or another like product. You could create the public interfaces but that would be highly insecure.