Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Picking Server for Wait\Notify Processors

Solved Go to solution

Picking Server for Wait\Notify Processors

New Contributor

Hi

I am trying out the Wait\Notify Processors in Nifi 1.2 for the first time. In the Property for Distributed Cache Service I choose create new service.

Under Properties of that service I just pick the hostname of the localserver where nifi is running as Server Hostname and all lights changed on go.

But when i started the Prozessors I got this error messege:

2017-07-12 14:28:09,563 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-6] org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.Wait Wait[id=115238a2-299b-1267-98b6-14d1a4eb45e8] Failed to process session due to org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: Failed to get signal for TOC_2017cw14_WGS84_umts due to java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: {} org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: Failed to get signal for TOC_2017cw14_WGS84_umts due to java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.Wait.onTrigger(Wait.java:354) at org.apache.nifi.processor.AbstractProcessor.onTrigger(AbstractProcessor.java:27) at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode.onTrigger(StandardProcessorNode.java:1120) at org.apache.nifi.controller.tasks.ContinuallyRunProcessorTask.call(ContinuallyRunProcessorTask.java:147) at org.apache.nifi.controller.tasks.ContinuallyRunProcessorTask.call(ContinuallyRunProcessorTask.java:47) at org.apache.nifi.controller.scheduling.TimerDrivenSchedulingAgent$1.run(TimerDrivenSchedulingAgent.java:132) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method) at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717) at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.connect(SocketAdaptor.java:111) ♥

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Picking Server for Wait\Notify Processors

@Han Wo

In order to use a DistributedMapCacheClientService, you also need to configure a DistributedMapCacheServer controller service. Then in the property "Server Hostname " in the Client service, make sure and put one server if running in a cluster.

For example;

27485-screen-shot-2017-08-16-at-105311-am.png

You can use the default settings for the DistributedMapCacheServer

27486-screen-shot-2017-08-16-at-105429-am.png

Then configure the DistributedMapCacheClientService

27487-screen-shot-2017-08-16-at-105635-am.png

3 REPLIES 3

@Han Wo

In order to use a DistributedMapCacheClientService, you also need to configure a DistributedMapCacheServer controller service. Then in the property "Server Hostname " in the Client service, make sure and put one server if running in a cluster.

For example;

27485-screen-shot-2017-08-16-at-105311-am.png

You can use the default settings for the DistributedMapCacheServer

27486-screen-shot-2017-08-16-at-105429-am.png

Then configure the DistributedMapCacheClientService

27487-screen-shot-2017-08-16-at-105635-am.png

@Han Wo

Do you follow the above explanation?

New Contributor

Yes, thx. I allredy did get it to work.