Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Presto ranger integration error

Highlighted

Presto ranger integration error

New Contributor

HI All,

I am working to integrate ranger and presto and following this URL but ended with error and integration is not successful.

Steps:

1. Created a ranger-${RANGER_VERSION}-presto-plugin.tar.gz file.
  2. Extracted tar file to ranger-presto-plugin
  3. Changed install.properies file.
  4. Run ./enable-presto-plugin.sh

It was successful run but It did not create access-control.properties & rules.json file. And I created these files manually in /etc/presto. Now presto is not starting and failed with the below error.

2019-06-21T04:59:21.731Z ERROR main com.facebook.presto.server.PrestoServer Access control ranger is not registered
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Access control ranger is not registered
at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:585)
at com.facebook.presto.security.AccessControlManager.setSystemAccessControl(AccessControlManager.java:136)
at com.facebook.presto.security.AccessControlManager.loadSystemAccessControl(AccessControlManager.java:118)
at com.facebook.presto.server.PrestoServer.run(PrestoServer.java:142)
at com.facebook.presto.server.PrestoServer.main(PrestoServer.java:73)

Do we need to use ranger-servicedef-presto.json anywhere because its not mentioned in ranger presto integration URL.

OR any another link which I can follow which is having all information.

Thanks
Bharat Bhushan

1 REPLY 1

Re: Presto ranger integration error

New Contributor

Hi @Bharat Bhushan,

This question looks complicated and may require some back-and-forth. Can you join the Presto community Slack? It will be easier to help you there. Please post in the #troubleshooting channel and we will be happy to help.

There is a link to join Slack here: https://prestosql.io/community.html

Thanks,

David Phillips
Co-founder @ Presto Software Foundation, Co-creator of Presto (https://prestosql.io)

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here