Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Pricing for gateway nodes

SOLVED Go to solution

Pricing for gateway nodes

Explorer

Cloudera pricing is per-node: https://www.cloudera.com/products/pricing.html

Is it only for service nodes or for gateway nodes as well?

For example, I have a cluster:

HDFS NameNode: 1 node

HDFS DataNode: 3 nodes

HDFS gateway with my custom app using HDFS: 1 node

What is the number of nodes to pay for in this example?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pricing for gateway nodes

Cloudera Employee

Roles with Gateway in the name and Flume agents do not carry a license requirement. Cloudera Altus Director and Cloudera Manager (assuming you don't use Navigator) doesn't require a license either.  Once a node is performing a non-gateway role, they become licenseable.  Examples of roles that DO require licenes and are counted as a node are:

• Hue Server
  • HDFS Datanode
  • HiveServer2
  • Cloudera Navigator

In your example you would require 4 licenses, not counting Cloudera Manager/Navigator.  I encourage you to reach out to your account team to further discuss licensing options and your use cases. 

Hope this helps!

2 REPLIES 2

Cloudera Employee

Roles with Gateway in the name and Flume agents do not carry a license requirement. Cloudera Altus Director and Cloudera Manager (assuming you don't use Navigator) doesn't require a license either.  Once a node is performing a non-gateway role, they become licenseable.  Examples of roles that DO require licenes and are counted as a node are:

• Hue Server
  • HDFS Datanode
  • HiveServer2
  • Cloudera Navigator

In your example you would require 4 licenses, not counting Cloudera Manager/Navigator.  I encourage you to reach out to your account team to further discuss licensing options and your use cases. 

Hope this helps!

New Contributor

Hello,
I would like just to sort out.
1. For example, if I will be using CDSW on ASW, I would have to pay the cloud provider the amounts in this table or I will have to pay this amount only Cloudera and nothing a cloud provider?

Does this pricing table include all feeses?

https://www.cloudera.com/legal/terms-and-conditions/cloud-usage-pricing-terms/cloud-usage-pricing-te...

2. For example, if I deploy Warehouse products in AWS, do I pay Cloudera the fees in the table and pay AWS additional storage and compute fees, or not?

Best regards Alex