Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Problem with Spark cluster

Problem with Spark cluster

Contributor

I am trying to run a spark application that runs fine in local mode.

I am running like this:

/usr/hdp/2.6.2.0-205/spark2/bin/spark-submit --class MyMain \
--master yarn \
--deploy-mode cluster \
--executor-memory 2G \
--num-executors 10 \
framework-1.0.0-0-all.jar

But it takes forever to start and in hadoop application UI I see this status:

YarnApplicationState:ACCEPTED: waiting for AM container to be allocated, launched and register with RM

In the console I see this line every second for over 10 minutes:

17/10/24 15:57:30 INFO Client: Application report for application_1508848914801_0003 (state: ACCEPTED)

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Problem with Spark cluster

Cloudera Employee

Check if all the required ports are given to the job in configuration and ports are open (eg: spark.driver.port=, etc...).

@Yair Ogen,

This is probably because of a resource crunch. Try adding node managers and see if it goes to running state.

Thanks,

Aditya

Contributor

@Aditya Sirna

That didn't help. I now have 3 node managers. still it seems stuck in Accepted state. Note: under: http:/my-node:8042/node/allApplications I do see the container running and logs show the application IS running. So - even more strange that the app seems to stuck in Accepted mode for so long...

@Yair Ogen,

Can you please check the resource manager UI to see the actual reason. Login to RM UI -> Applications -> Accepted -> Click on app and check for the diagnostics field. Please paste the output here

Contributor
Diagnostics:AM container is launched, waiting for AM container to Register with RM

Contributor

@Aditya Sirna

I suspect my issue is different. I have 3 healthyyarn-cluster.jpg nodes. see attached.

New Contributor

@Yair Ogen: What is your yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-am-resource-percent configuration

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here