Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1)

Explorer

Hi

As per tutorial http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/hands-on-tour-of-apache-spark-in-5-minutes/ I am able to run %sh interpreter and download Hortonworks data from wikipedia, however while trying to copy data to /tmp folder using following command as suggested in tutorial,

%sh hadoop fs -put ~/Hortonworks /tmp

zeppelin gives error as Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1).

Can anyone please suggest the workaround?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Amol Y

I tried the tutorial you referenced. I found that if I ran "%sh hadoop fs -put ~/Hortonworks /tmp" twice:

first time = successfully populated /tmp/Hortonworks

second time = failed with "Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1)" because /tmp/Hortonworks was already populated.

If I delete the /tmp/Hortonworks folder "%sh hadoop fs -rm -r -f /tmp/Hortonworks" , I am able to re-run "%sh hadoop fs -put ~/Hortonworks /tmp" successfully

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Amol Y

I tried the tutorial you referenced. I found that if I ran "%sh hadoop fs -put ~/Hortonworks /tmp" twice:

first time = successfully populated /tmp/Hortonworks

second time = failed with "Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1)" because /tmp/Hortonworks was already populated.

If I delete the /tmp/Hortonworks folder "%sh hadoop fs -rm -r -f /tmp/Hortonworks" , I am able to re-run "%sh hadoop fs -put ~/Hortonworks /tmp" successfully

Explorer

Thank you @Ryan Cicak It worked for me too now as I deleted the folder and again downloaded as you suggested.

hello everybody

did you solve the problem ? i have this problem. can anyone help me?

i run ambari 2.2.1.0 and in zeppelin in interpreter tab %sh has no property , just like the situation of the first post.

Explorer

@Fardin Behboudi Vaighan

Ryan's suggested solution worked for me. However, I am still having no properties set for %sh interpreter.