Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Processing Trucking IoT Data with Apache Storm Tutorial needs admin/admin credentials

Solved Go to solution

Processing Trucking IoT Data with Apache Storm Tutorial needs admin/admin credentials

New Contributor

In the above tutorial, it is necessary to have the credential of admin/admin. It is mandatory to change these credentials after you ssh into your environment.

How to proceed ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Processing Trucking IoT Data with Apache Storm Tutorial needs admin/admin credentials

New Contributor

I have gotten the demo to work.

1. I needed to insure that both kafka and storm were working. Kafka would not start because I did not have enough memory allocated to the VM. So I gave the VM 16G of memory.

2. I had to log in to ambari administrator as maria_dev or raj_ops. There is a link to set the passwd for admin. So I changed the passwd to admin.

3. Works

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Processing Trucking IoT Data with Apache Storm Tutorial needs admin/admin credentials

Expert Contributor

Hi @John Cleveland, can you provide the link to the specific tutorial?

New Contributor

https://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/processing-trucking-iot-data-with-apache-storm/

I could not get the demo to work last night. It just pulled up a map.

I also noticed that some directories did not get created during the initialization of the app. I would really like to get this demo up and running.

Could you see if you can get the demo to work ? I will try it again later today.

New Contributor

I am using the sandbox.

New Contributor

I have gotten the demo to work.

1. I needed to insure that both kafka and storm were working. Kafka would not start because I did not have enough memory allocated to the VM. So I gave the VM 16G of memory.

2. I had to log in to ambari administrator as maria_dev or raj_ops. There is a link to set the passwd for admin. So I changed the passwd to admin.

3. Works

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here