Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Publish JMS opens too many connections if there is error while publishing a message on queue (example - queue full)

Publish JMS opens too many connections if there is error while publishing a message on queue (example - queue full)

New Contributor

As long as there are no errors , there is only one connection. Once queue limit is reached , every attempt to push a message starts creating new connection leaving previous connection open forever. I have to restart nifi in order to close the connections.   

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Publish JMS opens too many connections if there is error while publishing a message on queue (example - queue full)

Expert Contributor

I don't see a question here.

If you found a problem with the connector the recommended course of action is to act on it. 

Assuming you are a cloudera customer please create a support ticket. Otherwise the best course of action is probably creating a jira on the Nifi project. 

If this answer helped, please mark it as 'solved' and/or if it is valuable for future readers please apply 'kudos'.
Highlighted

Re: Publish JMS opens too many connections if there is error while publishing a message on queue (example - queue full)

Master Guru

@NitinSonawane 

You did not share your NiFi version with us.

However, based on your description I would lean towards maybe the following issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5196

You would need to be running NiFi 1.8 or newer for this bug fix.

Hope this helps,
Matt

Highlighted

New Contributor

@MattWho 

I have seen this problem in latest versions - 1.9.2 and 1.10.0. 

Highlighted

Master Guru

@NitinSonawane 

Aside from what i already mentioned, there was another reported scenario  that can lead to JMS connections hanging around causing these issues here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-6391

The above Jira is still open.

Thanks,

Matt

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here