Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

PutHiveStreaming UknownHostException

Contributor

I get the following error when using PutHiveStreaming processor. It's version 1.2.0, so the bug reported for 1.0.0 shouldn't be the case. I can't ping nameservice01 from the host itself too. And I don't remember creating a host or config file named as nameservice01. Where should I look to fix this? From which file PutHiveStreaming takes the name nameservice01? I have looked into hive-site.xml, but it's not there.

ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-10] o.a.n.processors.hive.PutHiveStreaming PutHiveStreaming[id=0cef11a0-015d-1000-0000-000053b255ae] Error writing [org.apache.nifi.processors.hive.PutHiveStreaming$HiveStreamingRecord@184cb76e] to Hive Streaming transaction due to java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.net.UnknownHostException: nameservice01: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.net.UnknownHostException: nameservice01
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.net.UnknownHostException: nameservice01

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Hi @Sammy Gold

Do you have Namenode HA enabled in your HDP cluster? Looks like it is looking for namespace of Namenode HA.

Can you please pass hdfs-site.xml and core-site.xml as well alongwith hive-site.xml in PutHiveStreaming "Hive Configuration Resources" property?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rising Star

Hi @Sammy Gold

Do you have Namenode HA enabled in your HDP cluster? Looks like it is looking for namespace of Namenode HA.

Can you please pass hdfs-site.xml and core-site.xml as well alongwith hive-site.xml in PutHiveStreaming "Hive Configuration Resources" property?

Contributor

Hi Arti. Thank you for suggestion. Yes, it's HA enabled. And you are right, the name i was looking for exists both in core-site.xml and hdfs-site-xml. My bad -- I was looking older files, so didn't see it. I need to examine these conf files a bit more. I'll update the thread about my progress in configuring this processor. Hopefully, it'll go smooth.