Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

QlikView not using TEZ ?

Contributor

Hi,

we have seen that only more complex (case, count,...) SELECT statements from Qlikview are being executed via TEZ.

All settings in Ambari are set to use TEZ by default.

Is this a Hortonworks issue?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

i wanted to let you know the result of our analysis:

Qlik will use TEZ which considerably speeds up the request times - IF the SQL-statement is sufficiently complex! (i.e. use a count or sum command - as a dummy)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Guru
@Daniel Scheiner

In HDP, we have hive.execution.engine set to TEZ by default, hence all the complex queries gets executed via TEZ.

If you want, you can modify this property to 'mr'.

Hope this information helps.

Contributor

hive.execution.engine already is TEZ - we do not want MR due to its very very poor performance...

the problem appears to be with Qlik...

Super Guru

@Daniel Scheiner

QlikView override the execution engine at the runtime. It uses a cost-based optimizer and based on its stats running the query with MR makes more sense. Reach to you QlikView support to learn the reasoning.

If this response helped, please vote and accept it as a best answer.

Contributor

i wanted to let you know the result of our analysis:

Qlik will use TEZ which considerably speeds up the request times - IF the SQL-statement is sufficiently complex! (i.e. use a count or sum command - as a dummy)

Super Guru

@Daniel Scheiner

See my response from Nov 11 at 05:21 PM. It states the same, Cost Based Optimizer decides to use Tez for those queries where Tez can deliver faster that MR.