Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Query execution time

Contributor

Hi, I am new to Hadoop. I started uisng Ambari. I am following this tutorial : -

https://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/hello-world-an-introduction-to-hadoop-hcatalog-hive-and-pig/...

in this section : -

2.6.2 LOAD SAMPLE DATA OF TRUCK_MILEAGE

I am at the last step number 8 where it says Execute the “average mpg” query and view its results.

This query is running from last 2 hours. I believe its not normal. Can anyone help me. I can't really move forward.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @Rajinder Kaur,

The step 8 should not take more than 3 seconds. Can you make sure you followed all the steps as instructed.

Also wanted to check if you created sandbox in Azure? If so there are certain configurations that needs to be changed, thats also been instructed as part of the lab.

Please rerun the steps and let me know if that works.

Attached the output screen shots just for reference.

Thanks,

Sujitha

5981-screen-shot-2016-07-21-at-25204-pm.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Collaborator

Hi @Rajinder Kaur,

The step 8 should not take more than 3 seconds. Can you make sure you followed all the steps as instructed.

Also wanted to check if you created sandbox in Azure? If so there are certain configurations that needs to be changed, thats also been instructed as part of the lab.

Please rerun the steps and let me know if that works.

Attached the output screen shots just for reference.

Thanks,

Sujitha

5981-screen-shot-2016-07-21-at-25204-pm.png

Contributor

No iam not using azure

Contributor

@s

I skipped the step 4 because i am not in azure. I moved to step 5. @sujitha sanku

Contributor

I changed the Hive-Tez Java Opts from 200 to 512 and it worked. Thanks