Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ranger Audit Admin Page Not Found(404) Error

Ranger Audit Admin Page Not Found(404) Error

Expert Contributor

Hi, in HDP 2.6.3, multinode, not kerberized env. I get following page not found error

79480-ranger-audit-admin-page-not-found.png

79479-ranger-audit-admin.png

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Ranger Audit Admin Page Not Found(404) Error

Hi @Erkan ŞİRİN

Are you using MySQL for the ranger DB backend? If so, there is a relevant jira describing this scenario and error, along with a potential solution; https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-1378

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Hi @Jonathan Sneep Yes, I use mysql for ranger database. let me look at JIRA if i can understand the solution :)

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Hi again @Jonathan Sneep unfortunately it didn't work. I changed the my.cnf, restarted mysql service furthermore i restarted all ranger services still can't display page.

mysql> show variables like 'SQL_MODE';
+---------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Variable_name | Value                                                                                                                  |
+---------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| sql_mode      | STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
Highlighted

Hey @Erkan ŞİRİN
I was hoping that would've solved it for you! I noticed your mention of a permission denied error on the .rangeradmin.jceks.crc file ; does the ranger user have access to that file or is that file currently set to root/root permissions? If currently on root/root permissions, have you tried chowning it to the ranger user / hadoop group and checking if that improves things?

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Jonathan Sneep

ls -l /etc/ranger/admin/.rangeradmin.jceks.crc
-rw-r----- 1 root root 24 Jul 16 14:28 /etc/ranger/admin/.rangeradmin.jceks.crc

Many ranger user rangeradmin, ranger_solr, admin etc. which one should own it?

Highlighted

@Erkan ŞİRİN
You can try it with the ranger / hadoop permissions, though I'm thinking that this error is possibly not the cause for the 404 on the admin page.
Can we also verify the global mysql variables?

mysql> show global variables like 'sql_mode'
Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Hi @Jonathan Sneep I have changed the ownership to ranger:hadoop and restarted Ranger services bu it is no use. I have also checked sql modes. They are exactly same as above.

Highlighted

@Erkan ŞİRİN
Ok... to make sure we covered all items mentioned within the apache jira, is the vx_trx_log table now present in mysql? We would need to recreate that table if it's not there now.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Jonathan Sneep There is

mysql> show tables;
+--------------------------------+
| Tables_in_ranger               |
+--------------------------------+
| vx_trx_log                     |
| x_access_type_def              |
| x_access_type_def_grants       |
Don't have an account?