Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ranger authentication failure on CDP

Explorer

Hi,

I have installed Ranger in my CDP cluster with RangerAdmin, Tagsync and Usersync instances. I have a problem when trying to access the admin web UI (6080) with the credentials admin:admin or ranger:ranger.

I get "Unable to connect to DB" on the interface and 

WARN com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool: Having failed to acquire a resource, com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool@2bf8ec30 is interrupting all Threads waiting on a resource to check out. Will try again in response to new client requests.
WARN com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$ScatteredAcquireTask@781133d5 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30). Last acquisition attempt exception:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "ranger" 

in the ranger-admin log.

Is there a way to verify what the username and password for the web UI are ? otherwise is there a way to create a hive security policy through commands without accessing the UI ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hello Raniaa,

Welcome to CDP 🙂

Could you please update us is this CDP Public cloud or a Private cloud?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Collaborator

Hello Raniaa,

Welcome to CDP 🙂

Could you please update us is this CDP Public cloud or a Private cloud?